Elections Workers Wanted!
The San Mateo County Elections Division is seeking Election Workers - Office Assistants AND Election Office Trainers
Office Assistants are responsible for assisting the residents of San Mateo County for the upcoming June 7, 2016 Statewide Presidential Primary Election.
Multiple Office Assistant Positions Available:
- Clerical Support Positions
- Customer Services Positions
- Outreach Services Positions
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Is detail-oriented, dedicated and hard working
- Bilingual candidates (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, and Hindi) are strongly encouraged to apply
Election Officer Trainers will help train approximately 2,000 poll workers to ensure smooth and proper operation on Election Day
- Conducting training classes for Election Workers
- Performing technical, specialized, and complex elections support
- Reading, interpreting, and applying rules, policies, and procedures
- At least one year of journey-level office support experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience dealing with difficult people and unexpected situations
- Normal office hours will be 8:00am - 5:00pm M - F
- Some weekend and evening work may be required as elections approach
- For Elections Workers - Office Assistants, position runs mid-March through early-June. Potential to continue working in other areas may occur
- For Election Officer Trainers, position runs up through the June 2016 Presidential Primary, with standouts likely to be asked to return for the November Election
For both positions, go to http://jobs.smcgov.org. Complete the online application and respond to any supplemental questions that may be required.
For Election Workers - Office Assistants, application materials will be reviewed as they are received and applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be invited to interview. Depending on the position, interviews will be taking place from February through April. These critical positions can be filled at any time.
For Election Officer Trainers, application materials will be reviewed as they are received and applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be invited to interview. The recruitment will close on March 4, 2016.
Don't Miss this exciting opportunity.